Additional Voluntary Pension
Additional Voluntary Contributions are extra funds you can opt to add to your mandatory pension contributions, or simply set aside as retirement savings.
Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVC) are extra funds you can opt to add to your mandatory pension contributions, or simply set aside as retirement savings.
These funds would be deducted from your monthly wages by your employer and remitted into your Veritas Glanvills Pensions Retirement Savings Account (RSA), along with your regular pension contributions. AVC differs from other regular savings you may have, as it is deducted from your salary before tax. This is a significant advantage of the AVC, as it means the contributions are tax-free and lower your overall tax liability.
Other benefits of making Voluntary Contributions include:
- Increases the value of your retirement savings
- It is a convenient mode of savings as you determine the frequency (i.e., monthly, or quarterly bi-annually or annually).
- Can be withdrawn partly or fully at any time in accordance with the guidelines.
- Provides tax savings if not withdrawn within 5years as withdrawals after 5 years of remittance is tax-free!
- Voluntary Contribution can also serve as a form of targeted savings towards specific projects, such as mortgages, children’s school fees or a dream vacation.
- Voluntary Contribution provides a higher return than conventional savings.
Talk to us today, we are here to ensure that your retirement needs and plans are achieved
With the right PFA, living becomes a blissful tune. Open a Retirement Savings Account with us today or leave a message below and we will get back to you as soon as possible